The Faculty of Science offers unique summer courses, which students from anywhere in the world can attend.
What kinds of studies are available as summer courses?
You can read about the details of our current courses by clicking the links below:
- Brewing Summer Course 2,5 ECTS
- Brewing Summer Course 5 ECTS
- Brewing Summer Course 7,5 ECTS
- Diagnosis of Diseases of Agricultural and Horticultural Plants
- Field Course in Ecology and Evolution of East Africa
- Numerical Methods in Physics
- Advanced Java
- Advanced Plant Identification
- Advanced synthetic techniques
- Applications of X-ray and Neutron Scattering in Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Archaeological Science in the Post-Genome Era
- Arctic Field Course
- Aroma - the Chemistry behind Odour
- Biochemistry of Protein Complexes
- Conservation Management of Protected Natural and Semi-natural Habitats
- Ecosystem Services from Forests and Nature
- Forensic Geobiology
- International Nature Conservation
- Managing and Analysing Cross Sectional and Spatial Data in Social Science
- Marine Faunistics: biology and systematics of marine fish and invertebrates
- Marine Geoscience
- Neuromuscular Development and Disease
- Nutrition in Global Health
- Observational Astronomy
- Practical Financial Optimization
- Research Topics in Physical Oceanography
- Science Communication in Theory and Practice
- Sustainable Forest and Nature Management
What about application and admission?
The application procedure and the tuition fee depend on your current status as a student or working professional and your citizenship (EU/EEA or non-EU/EEA). You can read more about your options below. Please click on the relevant category to proceed with your application.
If you are
- you might be able to apply for summer courses at the Faculty of Science as an exchange student – provided there is a valid exchange agreement that allows for short term exchange. Exchange students do not pay tuition fees. As a first step we ask that you contact your local exchange coordinator to enquire about your options.
If you are enrolled as:
- you may apply for summer courses as a credit student – provided you have obtained a preapproval from your host institution/faculty, confirming that your credits can be transferred to current education. The preapproval much be added to application. Credit students do not pay tuition fee.
If you are
- you have the option to improve your skills through Continuing Education, i.e. payment education with tuition fee. You need to fulfill the admission requirements.
If you have any questions you are very welcome to contact our study and career guidance counsellors in SCIENCE Student Services.