Summer Courses – University of Copenhagen

Forward this page to a friend Resize Print Bookmark and Share

Faculty of SCIENCE > Courses and Programmes > Other Study Opportunities > Summer Courses

Summer Courses

The Faculty of Science offers unique summer courses, which students from anywhere in the world can attend.

What kinds of studies are available as summer courses?

You can read about the details of our current courses by clicking the links below:



What about application and admission?

The application procedure and the tuition fee depend on your current status as a student or working professional and your citizenship (EU/EEA or non-EU/EEA). You can read more about your options below. Please click on the relevant category to proceed with your application.

Exchange students

If you are

  • studying at a partner university abroad

- you might be able to apply for summer courses at the Faculty of Science as an exchange student – provided there is a valid exchange agreement that allows for short term exchange. Exchange students do not pay tuition fees. As a first step we ask that you contact your local exchange coordinator to enquire about your options.

Credit Students

If you are enrolled as:

  • a full degree master student at one of the other faculties at the University of Copenhagen or
  • a full degree master student at another Danish education institution
  • a PhD student at the University of Copenhagen or another Danish education institution who want to follow MSc courses at SCIENCE

- you may apply for summer courses as a credit student – provided you have obtained a preapproval from your host institution/faculty, confirming that your credits can be transferred to current education. The preapproval much be added to application. Credit students do not pay tuition fee.

Continuing Education

If you are

  • currently not enrolled at any Danish or
    foreign education institution
  • enrolled as a full degree student at a partner university with which the University of Copenhagen has an exchange agreement that does not allow for short term exchange
  • enrolled as a full degree student at a non-partner university

- you have the option to improve your skills through Continuing Education, i.e. payment education with tuition fee. You need to fulfill the admission requirements.


If you have any questions you are very welcome to contact our study and career guidance counsellors in SCIENCE Student Services.