Credit Students – University of Copenhagen

Credit Students

You have the option to be a credit student and take single courses or do projects at SCIENCE if you are currently enrolled as:

  • a full degree student at one of the other faculties at the University of Copenhagen or
  • a full degree student at another Danish education institution
  • a PhD student at the University of Copenhagen or another Danish education institution who want to follow MSc courses at SCIENCE.

However, the credits for the course must be transferred to your own study programme. To ensure that the credits for the course can be transferred, you must enclose the application form for pre-approval from your own educational institution. If you are a PhD student, preapproval can be your approved study plan.

Attending a course as a credit student is free of charge.



You may apply as a credit student for all courses at SCIENCE, but you are not garanteed access to any courses. See the courses offered at SCIENCE at

If you need help in choosing courses, please contact a study and career guidance counsellor at SCIENCE Student Services.

The classes takes place in normal working hours together with the ordinary students.

When does teaching take place? Timetable groups and block structure

The course description will state which block and timetable group a course is offered in.

All courses at SCIENCE are organised in accordance with our block structure, which divides the academic year into four nine-week blocks. Blocks 1 and 2 take place in the autumn semester and blocks 3 and 4 take place in the spring semester. Coursesusually last one block only. See the current academic calendar here.

Classes are organised in a timetable group or possibly a sub group. If your course is in timetable group A, this means that classes will take place in both sub groups A1 and A2.

The timetable groups and sub groups are organised according to this model:

  Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
08:00-10:00  B 1 A 1 C 1 A 1 B 1
10:00-12:00 A 2 B 2
Lunch Break
13:00-15:00 C 1 B 2 C 2 A 2 D
15:00-17:00 C 2

You are not under any obligation to attend the lectures for a course, but for some courses you need to meet certain conditions in order to be able to sit the exam. If there are conditions for sitting the exam, it will be specified in the course description.

Publication of courses offered

The courses for the coming academic year are published on 1 May Til toppen


You can do a projects as a credit student at SCIENCE. You can do the following projects at SCIENCE:

  • Projects outside course scobe (7.5 or 15 ECTS Credit)
  • Project in practice (15 or 30 ECTS Credit)
  • Bachelorsproject (15 ECTS Credit)
  • Thesis (30, 45 or 60 ECTS Credit)

Which projects and which size/ECTS Credit load you may actually do is determined by you home institution through your pre-approval.

If you want to do a project at SCIENCE you are responsible for finding a supervisor at SCIENCE. On this site you can find a list of the departments at SCIENCE. For each department you can find lists of employees and their fields of research.

You can read a describtion of the project types and who may be supervisors in the shared section of the curriculum appendix 1 - 5 (you will not find information about the projects in the course catalog).

When you do a project at SCIENCE you must draw up one of the following contracts:

When you finish to fill out the contract, send it to your e-mail, print it and get the needed signatures. In the contracts it is indicated that a signature from a head of studies is required. When you are a credit student your contract do not have to be signed by a head of studies.

Til toppen

Admission Requirements (not relevant if you are a MSc or PhD student)

For you to be admitted as a credit student at SCIENCE in the academic year 2018/2019, you must have a qualifying examination with a minimum grade point average of 6.0 (without bonuses). The requirement does not apply to the courses which are part of the study programmes in Geography & Geoinformatics, Geology-Geoscience and Landscape Architecture.

You must also meet the following area specific admission requirements:

  • Danish A
  • English B (Forestry and Landscape Engineering and Garden and Park Engineering: English C)
  • Mathematics A (Forestry and Landscape Engineering, Garden and Park Engineering and Exercise and Sport Sciences: Mathematics B)

If you are doing a project at SCIENCE, you must only meet the area specific admission requirements.

If you wish to take a course at SCIENCE, you must check what study programme this course is part of the in the course description, because there may be programme specific admission requirements that you need to meet:

Udannelsesspecifikke adgangskrav

Biokemi (Biochemistry)

Biologi (Biology)

Biologi-bioteknologi (Biology-Biotechnology)

Datalogi (Computer Science)

De fysiske fag (Physics)

Forsikringsmatematik (Actuarial Mathematics)

Fødevarer og ernæring (Food Science)

Geografi & geoinformatik (Geography & Geoinformatic)

Geologi-geoscience (Geology-Geoscience)

Have- og parkingeniør (Garden and Park Engineering)

Husdyrvidenskab (Animal Science)

Idræt (Exercise and Sport Sciences)

Jordbrugsøkonomi (Agricultural Economics)

Kemi (Cemistry)

Landskabsarkitektur (Landscape Architecture)

Matematik (Mathematics)

Matematik-økonomi (Mathematics-Economics)

Molekylær biomedicin (Molecular Biomedicine)

Nanoscience (Nanoscience)

Naturressourcer (Natural Resources)

Skov- og landskabsingeniør (Forestry and Landscape Engineering)

You can get exemption from the admission requirements, if you are deemed to have the necessary academic prerequisites to participate in the course you have applied for. You apply for an exemption by sending - alongside your application - a describtion of how you believe you have the necessary prerequisites and any documentation you might have for this.

Chances of admission/limited number of places

If you fulfil the relevant admission requirements, then generally speaking your chances of being admitted are good. However, we are not able to guarantee that there will be spaces on the course you have applied for. For example, it is usually not possible to be admitted to courses taught in the first year of bachelor programmes and any second-year courses on study programmes with limited places (Exercise and Sport Sciences and Molecular Biomedicine).

Til toppen

How to apply for admission 

You apply for admission through the following application form:

Application for Admission as a Credit Student (pdf)

It is only possible to apply for admission once the course offerings have been published. You can apply for courses for 2 blocks at a time i.e. block 1+2 and block 3+4 (see application deadlines). You can register for max. ECTS 15 credits per block.

The completed application form should be handed in or sent to the Help Desk in SCIENCE Student Services.

Send your pre-approval of credit transfer and project contact

It is a prerequisite for admission that you are able to transfer the credits you receive for the course to your own study programme. To ensure that this is possible, you must send us documentation which shows you have pre-approval from your own educational institution. The student counselling office affiliated to your study programme can advise you about this process if necessary. If you are a PhD student, preapproval can be your approved study plan.

Your admission to a course is not final until we have received your pre-approval. The pre-approval must be sent by the first week of the course at the latest. If we do not receive your pre-approval before this deadline, you will not be admitted to the course.

Application Deadlines

Placing Deadline   Reply to application latest
Block 5 + 1 + 2 1 June

Block 5: 30 June

Block 1+2: 15 July

Block 3 + 4 + 5 1 December 15 January

Applications for courses with more applicants than available places will be prioritised according to when the applications are received.

If you are not admitted to the course you applyed for due to too many applicant you will be offered to apply for another course. If you choose to apply for another course your home-institution will need to pre-aprove this course too and we will also need to recieve this pre-approval no later than the first week of the course.

Til toppen


At KUnet, it is possible to check your exam results and print them.

To have credits transferred you will need a certified print of your results. You can get this either by showing up at Help Desk in SCIENCE Student Services (remember to bring your student card or picture ID) and get the certificate on the spot, or you can send an email to (include your full name, UCPH-username and your address), and the certificate will be sent to you within a week.

Til toppen

Who to Contact?

If you have any questions you are very welcome to contact a study and career guidance counsellor in SCIENCE Student Services.