SCIENCE Business Prize
The SCIENCE Business Prize is awarded to staff who have distinguished themselves through corporate partnerships and innovation, in either educational or research related contexts, in relation to: mutually beneficial results, discoveries, academic programme partnerships, knowledge networks, research collaboration, etc. The prize is awarded for public or private sector collaboration.
SCIENCE staff members are eligible for the prize based upon exceptional research, educational and/or communication related achievements that benefit Danish companies, and thereby deploy research or education for the benefit of society as a whole, by:
- Contributing to the implementation of new knowledge/technology for the benefit of a company/industry
- Increasing company competitiveness
- Involving companies with master’s or PhD project work
- Involving instructors from companies or organizations
- Having a large number of shared publications with corporate partners (please include a list)
- Contributing to the transfer of knowledge to SME’s
- Entering licencing agreements
- Establishing a company
- Supporting the development of concrete ideas and competencies related to innovation and entrepreneurship among students
As more of the above criteria are met, the heavier a nomination will be weighted in the selection process. Recommendations for the Business Prize will include the participation of an external business interest to ensure the commercial value of a nominee’s work/results.
Designating a winner
Nominees will be evaluated by a selection committee composed of the following external reviewers:
- Vice President Innovation Dairy Chr. Hansen, Anne Skriver
- Adm. direktør Netcompany, Carsten Gomard
- Senior R&D Manager Arla Foods, Henrik Jørgen Andersen
- Project Director Haldor Topsøe, Jesper Nerlov
The winner of the SCIENCE Business Prize 2017 will be announced at the S80 meeting in 2017 and will receive DKK 75,000 to further their professional aims.
Recipients of the prize
2016: Professor Stephen Alstrup, Department of Computer Science